Landing Site Design
Produced a responsive design for a content writing service’s landing site.
Client: Altum, Inc. (Startup)
- Jenni, Altum’s content writing service, needed a new landing page that reflected Altum’s changing business models and focuses.
UX Designer, UI Designer, User Researcher
Altum saw the need to add and alter content on the landing site to better reflect the Jenni writing service.
We hypothesized that making both simple iterative changes and major visual overhauls would result in an increase in conversions (# of accounts) and signups (# of payment info submissions).
The steps of Altum's design process are:
- Define. Defining our users and the MVP design.
- Ideate. Ideating on design possibilities.
- Test. Testing pre-release ideations.
- Observe. Observing post-release outcomes.
Our primary target users were SEO marketers and marketing agencies.
A testimonial carousel displaying quotes from our satisfied clients.
An AI toolkit page for showcasing our new SaaS approach.
Landing page redesigns that updated the visual design and incorporated additional graphics.
A pricing page that goes into more detail about Jenni’s plans without clogging up the main landing page.
A Webflow migration that consolidated our landing site elements and let us include more visual appeal.
A blog page both let clients read up on valuable content writing tips and helped jenni.ai rank on search engines.
A site structure flowchart that helped ensure proper navigation between the landing site and the login/signup page.
A login/signup page redesign allowing existing users to login to their accounts and new ones to sign up to make new accounts and/or submit applications (writers and editors).
Page for EasyRead that marketed its capabilities and hosted the tool’s actual interface.
Our main testing methods included:
- User testing to gain a qualitative perspective on the effectiveness of intended landing site design changes.
- A/B testing using Crazy Egg, a service that records and highlights user interactions.
Based on our success metrics of an increase in conversions and an increase in signups, we found that altering the landing site resulted in more conversions and signups for certain changes.
I learned that by making simple changes and keeping a good record of wireframes, UI elements, etc. one could provide meaningful impact for the business.